I always look out to see if I can catch a rare snippet of Maggie Simpson speaking whenever I watch The Simpsons. So far all I've heard her say is 'Daddy" in that one episode where she saves Homer from drowning, or some shizz like that. A week ago she did, via Jodie Foster, Maggie delivered a speech on daycare. I had always been afraid of Maggie speaking because I didn't know where that would lead; maybe Maggie would become the Stewie of The Simpsons, even though Stewie is the Maggie of Family Guy. Would Maggie's character take on a more cynical edge and cease to be the little precocious and mysterious character she's always been? But I like that this speech is more of a Moment in History: it's a once-in-a-lifetime event where Maggie say's what she has to say on daycare before asking to be excused so she can take a nap.
P.S.
The downside of this episode is that it's based on The Fountainhead. Two words: Ayn Rand.
GLEE.
16 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment